To Whom It May Concern:
Please be advised that TotalChoice has a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan in place that is reviewed on a regular basis. However, we recognize that the Coronavirus Disease of 2020 is a different type of emergency, which is why we are proactively taking additional precautions to protect the health of our employees, customers, and vendors. This includes the following:
- Heightened Awareness Communicated to Cleaning Staff:
- TotalChoice prides itself on having exceptionally clean facilities. However, we have instructed our cleaning staff to increase sterilization, especially to commonly touched surfaces (i.e. door handles, countertops, restrooms, kitchen area).
- Reminder Issued to Staff Regarding Good Hygiene Practices:
- Employees are to stay home if they are sick and advise others to do the same.
- Always cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
- Avoid handshakes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and inform TotalChoice if they encounter someone with the Coronavirus.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use the alcohol-based hand sanitizers that are placed throughout TotalChoice’s facilities.
- Utilize the disposable wipes provided by TotalChoice to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (computers, keyboards, desks, etc.)
- Remote Access Has Been Tested and Is Secure:
- Employees often work remote, but have been instructed to verify daily that their company-issued devices are working properly from home. This includes that internet services have sufficient capacity, they have the ability to access documents, and that web and voice conferencing capabilities are working. We are requiring that employees take their laptops home every day as quarantines and closures may be enacted with little warning.
- Employees Are to Advise TotalChoice When Traveling:
- Employees have been advised to inform TotalChoice of travel plans.
- They are encouraged to check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the latest updates.
- Key Staff Identified:
- Multiple employees have been selected as points of contact to coordinate pandemic readiness activities.
- Internal roles and responsibilities have been coordinated in the event of an outbreak.
- These employees have been instructed to monitor news and announcements.
- Coordinating with Key Vendors
- TotalChoice has communicated with critical service providers to discuss their plan to support business during a disruption.
- We have considered alternative service providers.
- Back-up processes (i.e. manual, in-house) have been reviewed to ensure continuation of critical business operations.
- Conducted Staff Training
- A meeting was conducted to review the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan with the entire TotalChoice team.
- We have ensured that all employees understand their roles and responsibilities during a business disruption and how to access critical business systems.
We are taking the above steps to ensure the continued delivery of our support services and data center services to our clients.
Finally, on Monday, March 23rd 2020 the Governor of the State of Michigan implemented Executive Order No. 2020-13 (COVID-19). This directive implements a stay in place and stay at home order for all Michigan Residents. As outlined in the executive order, TotalChoice is a Competitive Access Provider and is considered a “Critical Service”. As such our staffing and corporation will NOT fall under the jurisdiction of this order. Each member of staff has been provided the required “Critical Infrastructure Workers Pass” which will allow us access to our data-centers and to continue to run TotalChoice without Interruption.
Please feel free to open a support ticket with any questions or concerns you may have.
In the meantime, please feel more comfortable knowing that TotalChoice will continue to provide services throughout this and any future national emergencies.
Thank you for your continued support and business.