We’re excited to introduce our blog Android app! The app will bring the latest TCH news, updates, contests and more to your Android powered device. The free app is available in the Google Play store or by scanning the QR code below from your Android device.
If you have a chance and feel like leaving a positive review in the Play Store we would really appreciate it 🙂
We are about to begin our aforementioned network maintenance. If you received an e-mail regarding this maintenance affecting you then please expect brief downtime.
We will post an update when the maintenance is complete!
Early this afternoon we sent Maintenance Announcement’s out to a select group of clients. On Saturday March 2, 2013 we will begin with our network upgrade initiative. This is the first step in our earlier announcement concerning Network Upgrades.
If you have not received this email then the rack your server resides on has not been selected for this first round of upgrades (or you opted out of such e-mails).
I have chosen to upgrade two server racks per Maintenance Window. This plan will take us a little longer, but will also allow us to work any bugs out as we move along.
We have tested this upgrade on a rack of internal servers, and I am very very excited to roll this out to everyone. I am confident everyone will be blown away with this network improvement.
Thank you for your business and it is a great day to be a TCH GURU!
The above photo was taken last night. I don’t know how everyone else feels but seeing that stack of Cisco Switches gave me goose bumps, so I was inclined to include the photo with this blog post.
Over the next few weeks, TotalChoice will begin a mass upgrade to much of its network hardware. We have been busy negotiating with our vendors and have taken delivery of all the gear needed to make the upgrades that our customers deserve!
We will start by replacing every Rack Distribution Switch with new Cisco Switches. These switches are a large upgrade from our current switches and will give us a nice boost in performance and should provide years of reliable service. A rack by rack announcement will be made via our Social Media outlets and via email to affected clients. We anticipate very little downtime per rack as we work our way thru the switch replacements.
In addition , we are adding another layer of redundancy to our network. We are in the process of adding additional up-links to each distribution switch from a redundant secondary gigE line card. This means we will be able to sustain a line card outage on our router without any downtime to the switches. Over the past few days we have been installing the secondary up-links from the routers to the distribution switches. So as we put up new the switches we will bundle the secondary redundant link to the new switch.
Last week we installed an additional fiber drop from our upstream providers. This installation is part of our bigger plan for increased fiber redundancy and an improved automatic fail over system. Automatic fail over occurs when loss of connectivity occurs from our main fiber connection. We had a brief network outage a few weeks ago and when the system automatically failed over to our redundant fiber path the fail over simply did not work. After some investigation this failure was determined to be caused by a bad optical device at our upstream provider. The optical device has since been replaced and lessons learned. However, by adding this third fiber it gives us another path to our upstream and gives us more redundancy in our network and that means better uptime for everyone. We have also set up a monthly test that will be conducted to test our redundant/backup fiber connections.
I will be posting more about these upgrades as we progress along. I know this was a long, technically winded post. If you got this far in reading it, thank you.
Hello TCH Family,
There are a lot of new and exciting things happening here at TotalChoice Hosting. We are constantly looking to improve our products and services and your satisfaction is our main concern. Here’s what’s new and exciting at TCH!
- We have recently invested a great deal of resources into upgrading the hardware at our data center. Our recent upgrades include state of the art equipment that will improve stability and speeds.
- We are excited to introduce you to the latest member of the TotalChoice Hosting staff, Mike Ford. Mike has joined the team as our Customer Service Manager and is here to ensure you with the highest quality customer service. If there are ever any issues or concerns with the service you are receiving, please feel free to contact him at:
Phone: 1-800-930-0485 ext: 212
AIM: TCH Mike CSM
Yahoo: TCH Mike CSM
- Remember a few years ago when we were giving away free stuff? It’s time to start doing that again. We are re-introducing TCH’s Family Contests where we will be holding entertaining contests which will result in free prizes. You can see more info here.
- In our continued effort to improve our service and communication with you, our clients, we are introducing our monthly newsletter. Every month we will be sending a newsletter filled with TCH related news, information regarding the current months family contest and more.
- We must be in a giving mood because we are also very excited to kick off our monthly Social Coupons! Each month we will be announcing coupons to help clients and non-clients save money on our many services. All you have to do is stay current with TotalChoice Hosting on Facebook and Twitter. Use the bottoms below to follow us on Facebook and Twitter and be sure to check them regularly.